Friday, July 17, 2009

Reporting in

My apologies to those of you who have been following my blog -- until it recently stopped. On Wednesday evening, after a momentous and wonderful day in the House of Bishops, I came down with a raging fever. At first, I thought it was simply exhaustion. But now, 48 hours later, I am still host to a serious fever which has sapped my strength and kept me from participating in the last two days of Convention.

When I return home (tomorrow) and am feeling better (soon, I hope), I will post one last time on this blog. There is much to rejoice about. Let's just say that my "core message," that "Now is the time for the Episcopal Church to stand up and be the Church God is calling us to be" has happened. Weak as I am, I have never been prouder of being an Episcopalian.

Watch this space for my final recap of Convention.

Thank you for all your prayers -- they have sustained and supported ALL of us here, and I am especially grateful for your prayers for me. I could have not done this important work without them.

+Gene